* I arrived in the newsroom today to see an e-mail requesting that I go on the set at the end of my show for a live defense of my weather coverage hatred. Since I look and feel like hell, I requested a 24-hour reprieve. Set your TiVo’s for 4:30 a.m. tomorrow and watch me destroy a sacred cow of local TV news.
* Speaking of TiVo, do you have Tivo guilt? I have lots of old programs saved on mine, including a lot of my early work in TV.
For example, here’s something off my TiVo: a year-end high school football highlight reel I edited in 2002…
And here’s something I edited the night President Bush sent us into Iraq…
Bear in mind, this was back in the days of linear (pre-computer) editing. Not to brag or anything.
* We ordered pizza in the newsroom today. Ranalli’s had been on a bit of a quality hot streak, but these pies were rough. Bad pizza makes me sad. I still ate several slices. Abandoned pizza makes me sadder.
* Now for sale: Christmas ornaments made from reindeer feces. If you’d like to try the home version, simply replace your kitty litter with glitter and enjoy.
* The 2009 Dog Poop Calendar is one of this year’s Top 10 stupidest gifts.
* Perhaps you’d prefer a Heartthrob Hotties of the Heartland calendar. We ran pictures from this thing this morning. Pretty hilarious. One of the months had a doughy guy in camouflage kneeling over a dead buck.
I’m seriously considering a “Studs of NBC5” calendar. For best results, imagine these men shirtless.
* Zoraida was unaware 13-month calendars exist. I pulled up this article to prove her wrong. And then I was all like, “Hey! Sarah Palin calendar!”
* Here’s an update on that couple who refused to kiss until they were married. Kind of adorable (in a creepy way).
* The Sun-Times offers an explanation as to why wives hate mothers-in-law. No article needed on why husbands hate theirs.
* Thankgiving gone wrong: Sweet potato pie attack!
* When your dad stresses you out and you have no sweet potato pie, just throw the Christmas tree at him.